You signed in with another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.You signed out in another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.You switched accounts on another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.Dismiss alert
There are currently 68 vulnerabilities to be fixed (according to Scorecard analysys), let me know whether a PR would be welcome and I'll start to work on them right away.
If it's a casual bump should be fine to accept PR, however meanwhile would like to understand how it actually exposes a vulnerabilities as rxjs does not have any dependencies.
Hi @kwonoj I've explored more the finding vulnerabilities (I've started with the package.json and package-lock.json on the root folder) by starting with handling the vulnerabilities reported by npm audit:
The changes related to the npm audit fix --force run can be seen in the following PR https://github.com/joycebrum/rxjs/pull/2/files --- I've created the PR to wait for #7341 resolution and use the ci to validate each upgrade I've made (the local run of npm test and npm run compile did run with success, but I'd like to double check).
In the meantime, I've analyzed the vulnerable dependencies and they were all either dev dependencies or docs_app dependencies, so there won't be any breaking change for the end users. Although the attack surfaces are a bit different for dev and runtime dependencies, it is still important to try to use not vulnerable dependencies whenever possible, but let me know what you think.
Besides, I may take some time to work on all the vulnerabilities.
Hi @joycebrum. Thank you a lot for bringing this to our attention.
A lot of dependencies (if not all of them) that RxJS has come from docs app. Currently, there are multiple PRs waiting for my or other team members' review, but due to lack of our personal time to do the review, I'm afraid we can't accept those PR immediately.
Also, current "decision-tree-generator" app has another PR open which seems like a huge rewrite, so making a PR from the current main branch would certainly bring the conflicts.
I suggest we wait for now until at least the mentioned PR is merged.
Ah thanks for bringing that up. I was struggling too to be able to correctly bumping the right versions since there are lots of vulnerabilities found in indirect dependencies 😓 (sometimes deep in the dependency tree).
Let's wait this changes and hopefully the work here will be simpler. Feel free to ping me when that got merged!
Activity
kwonoj commentedon Sep 8, 2023
If it's a casual bump should be fine to accept PR, however meanwhile would like to understand how it actually exposes a vulnerabilities as rxjs does not have any dependencies.
joycebrum commentedon Sep 15, 2023
The one I've mentioned (GHSA-w573-4hg7-7wgq) is a dependency of the "decision-tree-generator" tool.
But for each one I solve I will try explain in the PR how the vulnerable dependency would impact users or the project.
joycebrum commentedon Sep 20, 2023
Hi @kwonoj I've explored more the finding vulnerabilities (I've started with the package.json and package-lock.json on the root folder) by starting with handling the vulnerabilities reported by npm audit:
The changes related to the
npm audit fix --forcerun can be seen in the following PR https://github.com/joycebrum/rxjs/pull/2/files --- I've created the PR to wait for #7341 resolution and use the ci to validate each upgrade I've made (the local run of npm test and npm run compile did run with success, but I'd like to double check).In the meantime, I've analyzed the vulnerable dependencies and they were all either dev dependencies or docs_app dependencies, so there won't be any breaking change for the end users. Although the attack surfaces are a bit different for dev and runtime dependencies, it is still important to try to use not vulnerable dependencies whenever possible, but let me know what you think.
Besides, I may take some time to work on all the vulnerabilities.
jakovljevic-mladen commentedon Dec 5, 2023
Hi @joycebrum. Thank you a lot for bringing this to our attention.
A lot of dependencies (if not all of them) that RxJS has come from docs app. Currently, there are multiple PRs waiting for my or other team members' review, but due to lack of our personal time to do the review, I'm afraid we can't accept those PR immediately.
Also, current "decision-tree-generator" app has another PR open which seems like a huge rewrite, so making a PR from the current main branch would certainly bring the conflicts.
I suggest we wait for now until at least the mentioned PR is merged.
joycebrum commentedon Dec 6, 2023
Ah thanks for bringing that up. I was struggling too to be able to correctly bumping the right versions since there are lots of vulnerabilities found in indirect dependencies 😓 (sometimes deep in the dependency tree).
Let's wait this changes and hopefully the work here will be simpler. Feel free to ping me when that got merged!