You signed in with another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.You signed out in another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.You switched accounts on another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.Dismiss alert
@targos do you still have time to pick it up (maybe delayed until Weds/Thurs)? I reached out to @juanarbol by other means and it seems he is unavailable this week.
I'm still preparing v18.x - aiming for Thursday (8/11) release date.
Preparing v18.x is still ongoing - right now, it seems I am blocked by backporting nodejs/node#44056 (I may try myself) because the rest of the merge conflicts/test failures build on top of that. Depending on if I can get that done in the next ~2 days, I may just work with @ruyadorno to get the giant 18.x release out next week for 8/23.
@nodejs/releasers We have a release target of 2022-09-20. However, the Security Release (v18.10.0) will be issued on 2022-09-22. Would be ok to postpone the regular release to at least 2 days after the Security Release (24/09)? That would be better for me since I'm part of both releases.
@RafaelGSS I think we could push it back a week, or even skip this next minor release in favor of the security release. As long as commits from main get pulled in before it goes LTS, I think it's fine.
@RafaelGSS I think we could push it back a week, or even skip this next minor release in favor of the security release. As long as commits from main get pulled in before it goes LTS, I think it's fine.
I can't push it a week, because I won't be able to do any release after 29 (until the middle of Oct). I think I can release it on 27/09 cutting commits from 23/09. What do you think?
@RafaelGSS oh, I see. I think that's fine because the next target date is 04/10. I can also pick it up for 27/09 if you want with all the recent commits, and then we can see if we should push the 04/10 one out 1 week too.
Can you update the schedule, maybe also with planned releases like the 19 release schedule?
I think it's good to know when a release is scheduled, e.g. if you wait for a fix is deployed.
Node.js v18 is in maintenance, implying we no longer perform scheduled releases to this release line. However, a release would only happen if one of these criteria is met:
A nasty bug is encountered
Security release
One of @nodejs/releasers decides/wants to perform a release
The suggestion to all Node.js users is to upgrade to Node.js 20 as soon as possible.
Reacted by Jean Burellier, Loraine Barcha Garutti and Aranđel Šarenac
It will depend on timing. nodejs/node#51801 needs to go out in a current release first before being eligible for LTS, and usually be in a current release for two weeks. The next current release looks likely to be Node.js 22.0.0.
Can anybody confirm that Node.js 18 EOL is still planned for today April 30, 2025?
I've been asked if the delay in releasing Node.js 24 affects the Node.js 18 EOL. I assumed no EOL delay, since the website is showing today's date, but I'd be grateful for confirmation.
Activity
targos commentedon Jul 11, 2022
@juanarbol do you still plan to prepare a release for tomorrow? No worries if you can't, but I'd like to know so I take time to do it.
BethGriggs commentedon Jul 11, 2022
@targos do you still have time to pick it up (maybe delayed until Weds/Thurs)? I reached out to @juanarbol by other means and it seems he is unavailable this week.
targos commentedon Jul 12, 2022
I'll do it
danielleadams commentedon Aug 9, 2022
I'm still preparing v18.x - aiming for Thursday (8/11) release date.
danielleadams commentedon Aug 16, 2022
Preparing v18.x is still ongoing - right now, it seems I am blocked by backporting nodejs/node#44056 (I may try myself) because the rest of the merge conflicts/test failures build on top of that. Depending on if I can get that done in the next ~2 days, I may just work with @ruyadorno to get the giant 18.x release out next week for 8/23.
ruyadorno commentedon Aug 17, 2022
Sounds good to me @danielleadams 👍
RafaelGSS commentedon Sep 19, 2022
@nodejs/releasers We have a release target of 2022-09-20. However, the Security Release (v18.10.0) will be issued on 2022-09-22. Would be ok to postpone the regular release to at least 2 days after the Security Release (24/09)? That would be better for me since I'm part of both releases.
danielleadams commentedon Sep 19, 2022
@RafaelGSS I think we could push it back a week, or even skip this next minor release in favor of the security release. As long as commits from main get pulled in before it goes LTS, I think it's fine.
RafaelGSS commentedon Sep 19, 2022
I can't push it a week, because I won't be able to do any release after 29 (until the middle of Oct). I think I can release it on 27/09 cutting commits from 23/09. What do you think?
danielleadams commentedon Sep 19, 2022
@RafaelGSS oh, I see. I think that's fine because the next target date is 04/10. I can also pick it up for 27/09 if you want with all the recent commits, and then we can see if we should push the 04/10 one out 1 week too.
krk commentedon Oct 11, 2022
Hi! Will there be a release between now and the LTS version? Would the LTS release actually only contain a version number bump commit?
[-]Release plan - v18.x Current[/-][+]Release plan - v18.x Active LTS[/+]w3nl commentedon Nov 11, 2022
Can you update the schedule, maybe also with planned releases like the 19 release schedule?
I think it's good to know when a release is scheduled, e.g. if you wait for a fix is deployed.
18 remaining items
gabrielschulhof commentedon Jan 12, 2024
The Node-API team also needs nodejs/node#50991 in v18.x in order to unblock nodejs/node-addon-api#1409. Could you please add it to the upcoming v18 release?
RafaelGSS commentedon Jan 14, 2024
Hi Folks,
Node.js v18 is in maintenance, implying we no longer perform scheduled releases to this release line. However, a release would only happen if one of these criteria is met:
The suggestion to all Node.js users is to upgrade to Node.js 20 as soon as possible.
kumarrishav commentedon Feb 13, 2024
Now, that we have 18.x security release planned. can we land nodejs/node#50186 on v18 now?
gabrielschulhof commentedon Feb 19, 2024
Can we please addtest: fix test-net-* error code check for getaddrinfo(3) node#5099node-api: segregate nogc APIs from rest via type system node#50060to the next 18.x release? It's blocking nodejs/node-addon-api#1409.Turns out they don't apply cleanly. So, I filed a PR:
nodejs/node#51804
gabrielschulhof commentedon Apr 12, 2024
May we please have nodejs/node#51801 in the next release? It will help us with our next Node-API release.
richardlau commentedon Apr 15, 2024
It will depend on timing. nodejs/node#51801 needs to go out in a current release first before being eligible for LTS, and usually be in a current release for two weeks. The next current release looks likely to be Node.js 22.0.0.
nicolo-ribaudo commentedon Aug 13, 2024
If there will be another minor release of v18.x, it would be very nice to have nodejs/node#52762 included. The patch applies cleanly.
richardlau commentedon Mar 25, 2025
MikeMcC399 commentedon Apr 30, 2025
Can anybody confirm that Node.js 18 EOL is still planned for today April 30, 2025?
I've been asked if the delay in releasing Node.js 24 affects the Node.js 18 EOL. I assumed no EOL delay, since the website is showing today's date, but I'd be grateful for confirmation.
richardlau commentedon Apr 30, 2025
There are no plans to change the End-of-Life date of Node.js 18.
Temporarily disable tests for Node.js v18.