Skip to content

TWE: UX Research Meeting Agenda #62

Closed

Description

@Rabia2219

Overview

This issue tracks the agenda and MoMs for the UX meetings for the Internship Project

Action Items

  • Add topics to discuss as agenda in comments
  • Update comment with progress made during meeting
  • Tag appropriate team members
  • Get feedback before next meeting

Templates

Slack Announcement

📣 UX Research Team Meeting Today @ 3PM
📝Agenda found here.
✅ Please see the "Prework" section to update your issues.

## [DATE] Research Meeting Agenda 

### Prework
- [ ] Add labels to any [Research Issues Missing Labels](https://github.com/orgs/hackforla/projects/64/views/3?filterQuery=label%3A%22role%3A+UI%2FUX+research%22%2C%22role%3A+UX+research+lead%22%2C%22ready+for+research+lead%22%2Clabel%3A%22role%3A+missing%22%2C%22milestone%3A+missing%22%2C%22complexity%3A+missing%22%2C%22Participant+Type%3A+missing%22%2C%22size%3A+missing%22%2C%22feature%3A+missing%22)
- [ ] If you have questions regarding the project, add them to a comment in this issue: https://github.com/hackforla/internship/issues/59
- [ ] Review your issues and update issues with the [update template](https://github.com/hackforla/internship/wiki/How-to-give-updates-on-your-issues).
- [ ] While you are waiting on feedback or approval on your issue, please assign yourself to an issue that needs to be peer reviewed by using the link below
    - [Issues need to be peer reviewed](https://github.com/hackforla/internship/issues?q=is%3Aopen%20is%3Aissue%20-label%3A%22ready%20for%20research%20lead%22%20label%3A%22needs%20peer%20review%22)
       - If the issue has two assignees, that means a peer reviewer has been assigned to that issue. Please assign yourself to one that hasn't been assigned yet. 
    - [Issues in the prioritized backlog column](https://github.com/orgs/hackforla/projects/64/views/1?filterQuery=label%3A%22role%3A+UI%2FUX+research%22)
- [ ] Check for new questions https://github.com/hackforla/internship/issues/59
- [ ] Review the [Questions and Review column](https://github.com/orgs/hackforla/projects/64/views/1?filterQuery=status%3A%22Questions%2FReview%22+-label%3A%22Ready+for+product%22+-label%3A%22ready+for+research+lead%22+-label%3A%22ready+for+dev+lead%22+-label%3A%22status%3A+template+testing+%28step+2b%29%22+-label%3A%22ready+for+org+rep%22+-label%3A%22ready+for+Design+Lead%22) to make sure that every issue is tagged with a `ready for...` label (e.g., `ready for product`)
    - [ ] [Research](https://github.com/orgs/hackforla/projects/64/views/1?filterQuery=label%3A%22ready+for+research+lead%22+status%3A%22questions%2Freview%22) 
- [ ] If you want to discuss something specific to our team, add items to this agenda under "New agenda items" 

### Recurring Action Items
- [ ]  Accountability and Support Check.
    - [ ]  Review assignments for each Research & Analysis team member (starting with those present)
        - [ ] [Angela](https://github.com/hackforla/internship/issues/assigned/adarosh)
        - [ ] [Erin](https://github.com/hackforla/internship/issues/assigned/erin-ryan-93)
        - [ ] [Gayathri](https://github.com/hackforla/internship/issues/assigned/gayathri3120)
        - [ ] [Karen](https://github.com/hackforla/internship/issues/assigned/karenamccoy)
        - [ ] [Liisa](https://github.com/hackforla/internship/issues/assigned/Liibrarian)
        - [ ] [Rochelle](https://github.com/hackforla/internship/issues/assigned/rlcampbe)
        - [ ] [Sara C.](https://github.com/hackforla/internship/issues/assigned/saralc23)
        - [ ] [Ying](https://github.com/hackforla/internship/issues/assigned/pandanista) 
        - [ ] [Yuliya](https://github.com/hackforla/internship/issues/assigned/YulGlu)

### New agenda items

### FYIs

### Notes from meeting
- 

### Post Work
- 

Resources/Instructions

Past Agendas

2021
2022
2023
2024
2025

Activity

  1. self-assigned this
    on Sep 30, 2021
  2. Rabia2219 commented on Sep 30, 2021

    @Rabia2219
    Author
  3. Rabia2219 commented on Sep 30, 2021

    @Rabia2219
    Author
  4. Rabia2219 commented on Oct 1, 2021

    @Rabia2219
    Author
  5. changed the title [-]Agenda/Questions/Feedback/MoM for Tuesday/Thursday Evening Meetings[/-] [+]Agenda/Questions/Feedback/MoM for Tuesday Evening Meetings[/+] on Oct 11, 2021
  6. changed the title [-]Agenda/Questions/Feedback/MoM for Tuesday Evening Meetings[/-] [+]Agenda/Questions/Feedback/MoMs for Tuesday Evening Meetings[/+] on Oct 11, 2021
  7. pinned this issue on Oct 25, 2021
  8. changed the title [-]Agenda/Questions/Feedback/MoMs for Tuesday Evening Meetings[/-] [+]Agenda/Questions/Feedback/MoMs for Tuesday and Thursday Evening Meetings[/+] on Oct 25, 2021
  9. Rabia2219 commented on Nov 3, 2021

    @Rabia2219
    Author
  10. snigbehara commented on Nov 3, 2021

    @snigbehara
  11. Rabia2219 commented on Nov 4, 2021

    @Rabia2219
    MemberAuthor

    @Rabia2219 here's the recording. for 2nd Nov 2021.

    Also @priyatalwar can you make a separate folder for UXR recordings on Tuesday, and organize the resources I uploaded? I could not find the folder.

    I made a Meeting Recordings folder...we can keep track by having a naming convention like: TuedayNov2nd which I did for the meeting mentioned above...

  12. 284 remaining items

  13. pandanista commented on Sep 30, 2025

    @pandanista
    Member

    2025-09-30 Research Meeting Agenda

    Prework

    Recurring Action Items

    New agenda items

    FYIs

    • No team meeting this Thursday, and no research meeting next Tuesday
    • Next meeting is next Thursday

    Notes from meeting

    • Template spreadsheet: Flowchart is in progress, LC will update based on progress.
    • Interview feedback form: Questions are updated by LC, and Product need to review before we make them into a Google Form
    • RP012 transcripts:
      • I007's transcript: SC finished the peer review, GS will incorporate feedback
      • I009: Needs a peer review, will assign RC as a peer reviewer
      • I010: In progress
      • I005: Might need another round of peer review
      • I006: RG finished the transcript draft, will assign SC as a peer reviewer
      • Templates: YO updated the cleaning up and de-identification and peer review templates based on SC and GS's feedback
    • Onboard and assess issue template:
      • YG needs to get started on that testing issue
      • RC finished the test, and mentioned testing template could use improvement.
        • Awaiting for their feedback.
        • YO will review the testing issue.
    • YG onboarding: Since ER has not been around research or team meetings this month, no onboarding thread has been initiated, so the new team member YG started a thread: Onboard & Offboard: Team members #153 (comment)
      • YO will check to make sure all necessary accesses are given, and looks like Figma might be the only one that is left.
      • YO will also finish the onboarding with YG
    • RP026:
      • Analysis plan: Started a new issue last week based on Bonnie's feedback.
        • In progress, YO checked in with KC and AD, and AD will input her feedback as a comment in the issue so we can finalize it. KC clarified the expectations with descriptive analysis being the focus.
        • Data cleaning might need more editing. We might need to code emotional responses as binary data in multiple columns compared to single column with all selected words.
        • For the next steps on data analysis, we need to tag people who has more quantitative experience:
          • SC has survey and data analysis experience, GS has analytics experience, YG is learning R

    Post Work

    • Finish reviewing the test issues
    • Update templates as needed
    • Issue assignment
  14. pandanista commented on Oct 14, 2025

    @pandanista
    Member

    2025-10-14 Research Meeting Agenda

    Prework

    Recurring Action Items

    New agenda items

    FYIs

    Notes from meeting

    • RP012 transcripts: cleaning and de-identifying is in progress, and we are mostly doing peer reviews on the transcripts.
      • SC provided feedback for RG
      • RC provided feedback for GS
      • GS is aware of the feedback and will incorporate them
    • RP006 transcripts: cleaning and de-identifying is in progress
      • GS is working on them
    • Onboard template: Tested by a new member YG, awaiting for feedback if there is any.
    • RP026: Data analysis checklist is done; need to update on the data analysis and data cleaning issues.
    • Template spreadsheet: Flowchart is in progress, LC will update based on progress.
    • Consent guide: ER in working on the flowchart for the consent guides.

    Post Work

    • Review and assign issues.
  15. pandanista commented on Oct 21, 2025

    @pandanista
    Member

    2025-10-21 Research Meeting Agenda

    Prework

    Recurring Action Items

    New agenda items

    FYIs

    Notes from meeting

    • The 4th onboarding template test is done.
      • YG provided feedback, and YO revised the template.
      • All tasks are completed in the onboarding issue, so we can close it.
      • Deploy the template when YO has time.
    • RP026's data cleaning
      • Completed. SC added the emotional response sheets, and added participant ID column for all tabs to provide an easy reference to match participants.
      • Once this issue gets closed, will assign SC to the data analysis one.
    • RP012 transcripts
      • RC provided feedback for GS and left a message on slack.
      • YO instructed RC to message GS in GitHub for easy tracking.
    • RP006 transcripts:
      • GS finished one more this week, so we have two that need review review (one from last week)
      • Will assign YG to one since she has qualitative experience
    • Interviewer feedback form
      • LC drafted the google form and YO reviewed it at the meeting
        • Switched one question's order to make it flow better
      • YO showed LC where to find templates for research assets
      • YO instructed LC to update the form using the template or template gallery as well as the settings and save the form in the research templates folder once updated
    • Template spreadsheet:
      • Flowchart is in progress, LC and YO need too get together to figure out dependencies.

    Post Work

    • Customize RP027's issues
    • Issue assignment
  16. pandanista commented on Oct 28, 2025

    @pandanista
    Member

    2025-10-28 Research Meeting Agenda

    Prework

    Recurring Action Items

    New agenda items

    FYIs

    • No research meeting next week

    Notes from meeting

    • RP012 transcript de-identification and cleaning up:
      • Need research leads and product team to review
    • RP006 transcript de-identification and cleaning up:
      • There are demographic questions in the interview, and those are PII that we need to de-identify.
      • To what degree should we de-identify them?
        • We discussed this and decided to completely de-identify those info to make it as vague as possible.
        • Reasoning:
          • We had a small cohort, and any gender info together with a racial group info could easily identify the intern;
          • We have multiple team members handling transcripts;
          • We have Google Form responses (notes taken from the interview sessions) that documented those info. In the case if we need to access such info, there are accessible via the response tab in RP006's interview Google form
            • The Google form responses are still attached to the google form interview script, and both are still in the shared folder. Since PII issue gets descoped to only identifying PII content, ER and BW will take care of the moving and de-idenfication process at their weekly meeting based on August 28th's all team meeting.
      • How to de-identify them?
        • If racial/ethic group, just name it as [racial/ethic group]
        • If gender is mentioned, just name it as [gender]
        • If a school is mentioned, just name as [high school] or [college]
    • RP027 research structure issue:
      • Assign to RC to work on since she was working on RP019
      • RP019 is being rescoped, and RP027 is a new one to replace the comparison component in RP019
      • After RP027 gets sorted, we will revisit RP019

    Post Work

    • Issue assignment
    • Issue review
  17. pandanista commented on Oct 28, 2025

    @pandanista
    Member

    2025-11-11 Research Meeting Agenda

    Prework

    Recurring Action Items

    New agenda items

    FYIs

    Notes from meeting

    • RP006 Transcripts:
      • YG and GS have been working on RP006's transcripts (both cleaning up and reviewing).
      • YO needs to finish reviewing the ones been peer reviewed.
      • Will assign team members to do peer reviews for the ones that need them.
    • RP027: Wiki page set-up:
      • RC mostly finished the structure set-up, YO needs to review it.
      • Once reviewed and revised, YO will assign RC the next issue, which is the research roadmap document creation.
    • Research Item Spreadsheet:
      • LC has flashed out the dependencies, and YO and the team reviewed her progress at the meeting.
      • Might need Bonnie's input on some items.
    • RP026: Data analysis:
      • Win rate is done by SC, but the rest of analyses are still in progress.
      • YO will set up the tests and sync up with SC. Meanwhile, assigning SC to do a peer review.
    • Onboarding: New member has created an issue, but hasn't self-assigned or started working on it yet.

    Post Work

    • Finish onboarding
  18. pandanista commented on Nov 13, 2025

    @pandanista
    Member

    2025-11-18 Research Meeting Agenda

    Prework

    Recurring Action Items

    New agenda items

    FYIs

    Notes from meeting

    • RP006's transcripts:
      • Two have been peer reviewed, and one more almost finished
      • One needs to be peer reviewed
      • YO: Need to review two more transcripts that were peer reviewed
      • Need to check in with Bonnie on whether we need Product's approval in the future or not.
    • RP023 and RP004's transcript cleaning up and de-identification issues need to be created
      • YO creates an issue and assigns GS to create and customize 14 new issues after the meeting.
      • YO did the demo on how to create a new issue using template repository.
    • RP027 Wiki structure looks good
      • Need to work on research roadmap document based on RP019
      • Assigning RC to the research roadmap issue
      • Need to confirm on the research year with Product
    • RP026's data analysis:
      • YO is finagling the tool for McNemar test and will leave a comment in the issue
      • KC checked in and suggested Google Spreadsheet
    • Spreadsheet flow chart is in progress:
      • LC is trying to figure out how the items that can be done simultaneously be organized in the flow chart
      • YO needs to update the spreadsheet by consolidating the data synthesis step, and suggested using a left nav hierarchy to demo the sequence, and use the same leveling for items that can be done simultaneously, or branches when we need to make decisions (decision tree).
    • Feedback form: LC needs to follow up with some answers to the questions in the issue
    • Onboarding skills issue:
      • KM finished the issue, and YO needs to review it.

    Post Work

    • Finish onboarding: Sent Anna the team roster, and shared the google drive.
    • Issue creations for RP023 and RP014: Instructions are created, and issue is assigned
    • Issue assignment
  19. pandanista commented on Nov 19, 2025

    @pandanista
    Member

    2025-11-25 Research Meeting Agenda

    Prework

    Recurring Action Items

    New agenda items

    • Last meeting of the year
      • Make sure to provide an update on your current issues today or this week.
      • Tuesday, Jan. 6th, 2026 is next UXR meeting.
    • Onboarding issue
      • Next onboarding meeting is Monday, Jan. 5, 2026.
      • Reopened the issue so we can recruit UXRs: TWE: Open Role for: UI/UX Researcher #617
      • Check in with ER to watch out for new recruits on Jan 5 evening or Jan 6 morning so we could add them to Jan 6 UXR meeting Google Calendar or share the Zoom meeting link with them so they could attend the Jan 6 UXR meeting.

    FYIs

    • No meetings in Dec. The next UXR meeting is on Jan. 6, 2026.
    • Happy Holidays! 🎉

    Notes from meeting

    • RP006: transcripts are in progress.
      • YG: working on one transcript, and had questions regarding PII; YO discussed PII de-identification questions and provided initial feedback
    • RP026 PII issue: KM is working on it
    • AO: working on the onboarding issue
    • Interview feedback form: YO provided answers to LC's questions, which were initially left by BW left in the issue. LC will sync back
    • Research outstanding items spreadsheet:
    • RP027: Research roadmap document creation is in progress
      • RC will continue to work on the research roadmap document, and will revise RP027's wiki structure once the research roadmap doc is done. YO clarified and confirmed RC's questions.
    • Transcript cleaning up and de0identification issue creation:
      • RP014: Two new issues are needed and GS created them.
        • YO reviewed the issues, updated the issue templates, checked off all items in RP014's transcript EPIC issue, and moved RP014's transcript EPIC issue to the icebox, and synced up with GS.
      • RP014's two new issues are ready to be prioritized by Product.
      • RP023: GS hasn't started working on them yet. Once she creates them, she will notify YO.
    • RP026: Data analysis contingency table setup: SC had questions regarding how, and YO demoed and explained how and why on McNemar tests.

    Post Work

    • Issue review: YO asked all team members to update their issues before staring the break
    • Issue assignments: No weekly meeting, just asynchronous work in Dec.
  20. Rabia2219 commented on Dec 5, 2025

    @Rabia2219
    MemberAuthor
  21. moved this from Agendas & Upkeep to Done in P: TWE: Project Boardon Dec 5, 2025
  22. unpinned this issue on Dec 5, 2025
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment

Metadata

Metadata

Type

No type

Projects

Relationships

None yet

Development

No branches or pull requests

Issue actions